Sunday, November 12, 2006

Completed Falling Water Scarf

Here's my Falling Water Lace Scarf in Knitpicks Shimmer. I was sorta hating it while I was working on it, because I didn't think the yarn worked too well with the pattern. But, thanks to the miracle of blocking, I am now quite pleased with it. I used US size 4 (knitpicks options) needles, and it took maybe 250 yards. Love it!



I immediately cast on for the Swallowtail Shawl (from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006). I'm using Knitpicks Gloss in Burgundy, and size 7 needles. So far I think it is lovely. I think I am really going to like this pattern. Here's my start:







I also finished a super cute Nautie for Lauren. I'll post pictures of that later.

2 comments:

Irie said...

Nice lace!!! How do you like the KnitPicks yarns?

Cecilia said...

The Knitpicks Shimmer was very nice to work with. I actually really thought the color changes were too busy while I was knitting it, but I loved it after blocking. It was leftover from my leaf lace shawl (see below), which I was thrilled with.

I'm using the Knitpicks Gloss now, which is a fingering weight (seems more like sport weight to me) wool/silk blend, and it took quite nice to work with. It's heavier and stretchier than the shimmer, which makes it super easy for lace. I can't wait to see what it looks like blocked.