Thursday, September 27, 2007

Back on track

I'm back in love with the mystery stole project. I've started the second half, and it's moving right along. I think the thing is that I have a fair amount of emotion wrapped up in this stole, and I just wasn't ready to let it go. I worked on the first half of this stole through some pretty extreme highs and lows this summer. Now I'm determined to finish it. And it really is a fun lace to work on. Here's my progress so far on the second half.
Now I'm also really feeling inspired to start some other knitting projects, after I finish this one. Here's my latest must-knit list.

There are plenty of others too, but getting back into this stole has really reinspired me to knit more lace.

I did decide to plant a little winter vegetable garden after all. And I do mean little. It's just 2 big pots, in which I planted beets, onions and chard. But it's right outside my back door, next to a concrete walkway so I don't have to worry about traipsing through the mud to tend the garden. Also I planted a rhubarb out in the yard. I'm hoping that will be very low maintainence because I have no intentionof maintaining it until next spring at least. I have such fond memories of eating rhubarb crisp as a kid - it was my dad's favorite. I have always wanted to grow my own. Here is the "garden" so far:

Not too impressive, is it? We'll check back in a couple months and see how it's looking.

I have to say that I am so happy it's fall. I LOVE this time of year. Love it. I am ready for the rain to start up again, but right now the weather is perfect, sunny and warm but not too warm, just perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The MS3 is lovely!