Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday Sock Wrap Up

I am not a fast sock knitter. It always takes me at least a couple weeks to finish a pair of socks (though I rarely work exclusively on socks). These took closer to a month I'm afraid, but I quite like them now that they're done.

Hedera Socks
Pattern: Hedera, by Cookie A. from Knitty.com
Yarn: Knitpicks Essential, Dusk
Needles: Knitpicks classic circular size US 1

I'm still working away at my Shedir. I'm pretty close to half done. I'm starting to freak out a bit about whether I'll have enough yarn. I'll decide after I finish this repeat if it might be long enough to skip one repeat. Right now I'm thinking probably not. It's a very cool pattern. I think I'm going to be very pleased with the end result, if I don't run out of yarn that is.

Shedir

Have a great weekend all!

4 comments:

Sue said...

The socks look fantastic. I really like the pattern you knit. I hope you dont run out of yarn and that you can finish knitting it up as it is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hedera is gorgeous! Shedir looks lovely too!

Unknown said...

That's funny: "Gorgeous" was the exact word that came to my mind too when I saw those socks, C! Beautiful work. (How long would it take for me to learn to make socks like that??)

Ella said...

Ooo - your socks are beautiful! I love the color too... a nice denim-y blue. Love love love blue. Love toasty feet too!

:D