Friday, November 09, 2007

Slipper Gifts

So I decided to try these felted house slippers from Knit 2 Together. It's really my first felted project and ohmygoodness I am in love with it! They knit up so fast and easy - 2 days, lickety split. And it was super fun watching them grow, and then shrink. And I think they're pretty darn adorable, and a great way to use up the stash yarn. This is my new favorite little gift knit.
Felted House Slippers
Pattern: House Slippers from Knit 2 Together
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino - red - 3 strands held together (1+ balls)
Knitpicks Merino Style - cornflower - 4 strands held together (1 ball)
Needles: US13 straight and US 9 circular

So, we belong to a CSA (community supported agriculture) farm co-op thing, and we get a bin of veggies every other week (because we split with a friend). And, this week, among other things, our bin contained parsnips. And I suspect that might be something we get often during the winter months. Now, I don't know about you, but I've never cooked with parsnips before, and frankly don't have a clue what to do with them. But I found this recipe for Parsnip-Apple Cupcakes, and now I'm dying to try them. Doesn't that sound fun and different? So tonight's baking project is cupcakes. Also roast chicken with yams. I love this farm basket program because it makes us try out different vegetables and diffrent recipes.

It's nap time for me. So have a great weekend everyone! Don't forget to leave me a comment. Other parsnip ideas would be appreciated too.

3 comments:

Ella said...

Oh my gosh those are cute! I bet they're warm too... perfect for chilly little toes!

I can't help you with the parsnip thing... I don't even know what a parsnip looks like. But let us know how the cupcakes turn out!

Rach said...

This time last year we were trying to feed our family of ten on $18 a week....until Christmas! We did it!!!! We found 5kg bags of parsnips for $1 and we survived on them.
parsnip and pear soup
(parsnip and anything soup actually)
parsnip crackers
parsnip bread
parsnip cake (just like carrot cake)
parsnip pizzas

you get the idea......

Anonymous said...

Love these! I've always wanted to knit them too.