Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back With a Couple Knits

I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm here again. Been doing some knitting, not lightning fast or anything, but I have finished a couple things. Finished the Lacy Hug Me Tight from Knit 2 Together. Not sure I totally dig it though. I mean it'd probably be cute if I were skinnier and a lot less pregnant, but for now, not so much. But maybe someday it'll work for me.
Lacy Hug Me Tight


Also, I whipped up some sweet diaper soakers. Love them. Such a fast and easy pattern, and if they actually work as effective cloth diaper covers I'll be stoked, because they are way cheaper and more fun than buying diaper covers. I've read that you should lanolize the wool to make it waterproof. (Anyone know anything about this?) So I'll give that a shot. And I'll definitely be knitting up more of these cuties.
Red Diaper Soaker


I started the Bird's Nest Shawl, from Cheryl Oberle's Folks Shawls. I'm using some beautiful baby alpaca that my brother and sister-in-law brought me from Peru. It's soft and luscious. The shawl is knit lengthwise, so the rows are very long - 346 stitches and therefore move a little bit slowly. So I'm still working on the garter stitch edge, but so far I'm enjoying it.

I'm enjoying a couple days in Monterey, where it is unusually hot - over 90 degrees! But beautiful. Who could complain about a day in Monterey?! Walking along the coast in Pacific Grove we stumbled across a beach with a bunch of mama and baby harbor seals. Many of the babies were nursing. How sweet is that?
seals3

seals1

seals2

My pregnancy is progressing nicely - I'm bigger every day, which still shocks me when I see myself in the mirror. But I'm feeling good and everything seems fine, so hurray. And in 10 weeks or so, our new baby will be giving up the comfort of his watery cushy home for the real world. I am so looking forward to that moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My babies LIVE in soakers - I never lanolise them. Don't get leaks. Just use hemp and burley knit terry squares with a snappi. Very old-fashioned but effective.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute top! Yay for soakers!