Saturday, August 04, 2007

Checking In

Please forgive my spotty blogging in recent weeks. I am going through a bit of a rough spell in my life and at the moment I'm not even too inspired by knitting, though I haven't completely given it up or anything either. I have made some progress on the Mystery Stole, though I have fallen a bit behind. There's a wee bit of controversy about the theme, (released on Friday) which is Swan Lake, and the design, which is a wing shape. The alternative is to repeat the first half of the stole and kitchner the halves together for a more symmetrical look. I haven't decided which option to follow, though I am inclined to follow the design as written. I think Melanie is a brilliant designer and I think I will trust her instinct. Her other designs are just gorgeous. I'm looking forward to seeing other people's progress on it so I can make a more informed decision about how I want to continue.

I finished, well all except the finishing, some precious baby booties from this pattern. They are precious. I'll post pictures at a later date.

For now I leave you with a picture of me and my beautiful stepdaughters wading in Mono Lake.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are checking in! I hope everything is well with you soon!

Ella said...

I love the beams of light coming out of that cloud. And the beams of sunshine from the girls!

Take care!