Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweet Pea

Oh darling baby knits, how you charm me. I've been wanting to knit the Pea Pod Baby Set from the day I first saw it. Now I'm finally working on it and I love it. The color is not right in this picture - it's a little more olivey, and not so dark. I'll try to better capture the color when it's done. I'm starting to feel more inspired about starting new projects. I'm still stuck about the mystery stole. Just letting that one marinate in the basket til I decide what to do with it. But I'm looking forward to starting something new too - maybe a sweater for me. It's hard to think about starting on some wool knitting right now, since it's almost 100 degrees, but soon it'll be time for that.

I just ordered Knit 2 Together, by Tracy Ullman & Mel Clarke from Amazon just because it was on sale so cheap. $5.50! How could I not give it a try? The thing is that I never knit anything out of the books that I already have. I'm just not a very prolific knitter I guess. I mean, I've done a few shawls out of Folk Shawls, and socks out of Favorite Socks and Sensational Knitted Socks. But I've been meaning to do a sweater out of Knitting Nature but haven't got around to it. I won Domikitrix in a drawing from Craftsanity, but haven't seriously searched through it for something fun to knit. Heck, I'd love to knit something from Interweave Knits, but it's like I'm the slowest knitter in the world or something. I guess I'm feeling a little guilty for accumulating knitting books (and magazines) and not knitting anything out of them. And frustrated that I'm not producing more beautiful knitted items. But what the heck...I'm working on it at my leisure, right. I'm trying to create more balance in my life - spending time exercising, reading, etc. which might otherwise be all knitting time. So it's all good, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - books to me are never a guilt item. They last and last!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say - I love that baby set too. I should knit it when I have a baby (not mine) to knit it for!