Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Selling Sonoma County

Last weekend my good friend Jean and her daughter Kirsten came for a visit.
Kirsten wanted to take a look at Sonoma State University. (I can't believe she's old enough to go off to college already!) I would love for her to go to school there because that would mean I'd see more of Jean, and she'd probably even move here. So we spent Saturday morning touring the campus, and in the afternoon we did some touring around Sonoma, trying to impress Kirsten with some of the local charm. First we went to this fabulous sculpture garden/gallery where there were tons of beautiful, fun and creative sculptures, and a very sweet bulldog who looked a little like one of those frogs we dissected in high school biology when he rolled over onto his back. Next we did a stroll around the square in Sonoma. I do love that town. Check out this fella we came across in front of one of the shops:

Alas, I think Kirsten is still leaning toward University of Nevada, Reno. Whatever! It was still a great opportunity to see my friends and show off our hometown.

My knitting has been pretty limited lately. I've got some other stuff to occupy my mind at the moment. But my current fast and easy project is baby hats. So here's the latest - simple simple simple. Just a little leftover Knitpicks Crayon knit on size 6 circulars (magic loop) into a 64 stitch roll brim hat with a little top knot. It's soooooo soft. I don't know if it's sized appropriately for an actual live baby, but knitting it up amused me to no end and I think it looks pretty cute on teddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This seems to have been the perfect day - great to see that you had so much fun! Thanks for the photo tour you gave us, it almost felt as if I'd have been there with you girls - great!
And what a cute little teddy bear with an even cuter hat - yay for sweet and simple projects for almost instant gratification! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time with your friends!

Anonymous said...

What a great time and what a lovely california day! I miss it!