Sunday, March 04, 2007

Laguna Beach

This weekend Pete and I went flew down to Laguna Beach for a quick overnight getaway. Actually it was a work thing for him, but a relaxing getaway for me. We stayed at the Hotel Laguna, which was charming, and our room had a lovely ocean view. I had a great time walking around the town and hanging out on the beach. I even saw a pod of dolphins!

I visited the local yarn store, Strands and Stitches, which I enjoyed tremendously, but I did not make any purchases. I am just not too much of an impulse yarn buyer, and I didn't see anything that I really needed.

Saturday was the big Patriot's Day Parade in town. What a sweet old-fashionedy event that was! It's been a long time since I've been to a parade and boy was I charmed by it. There was the marine corps marching band, some high school and elementary school marching bands, loads of boy scouts, girl scouts, local politicians, veterans, large groups of dancing children, garden clubs, a vegetarian group, and all sorts of other home town goodness. I was so impressed and amused by the whole thing, I was just cracking up the whole time!

Today, after reading Grumperina's rave review, I ordered Favorite Socks from Overstock.com. Ooh, I can hardly wait for it to arrive! So I'm looking for some suggestions for nice solid or nearly solid sock yarns. I so far have only knit one solid-colored pair, and I used Knitpicks Essential, which I actually liked just fine, but I'm interested in other people's favorites. I like my socks to be machine washable and preferably to have a little nylon in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time.

I love my Favorite Socks. Hope you will too!

Anonymous said...

What a great time it seems you've had in Laguna Beach - my gosh, I'd give a lot, a big lot, to be able to be there right now, enjoying the warmth, the beach, the ocean - awww! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!

Ella said...

Oh, *sigh*. I love Laguna. My DH and I stayed at the Hotel Laguna for a family reunion a few years back... SO nice. It must have been wonderful....

Now that I am thoroughly envious of you, I will go look up this "favorite socks" thing you speak of. :D