Friday, March 09, 2007

Sock Catch Up

I have a couple sock pictures to offer today. First, the Dublin Bay socks in J.Knits, North Carolina Colorway. I never did post a finished picture of these. I love this yarn. Not so wild about the pattern - only because it's just got too much stockinette for my liking. It is, however a good pattern for a busy yarn.


Next is my waterfall rib socks in Trekking color 110. It is one of the great stitch patterns in Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm down to the foot on the second sock so I should finish it up in the next day or two.


I am having some trouble deciding what to work on next. Maybe some baby stuff. I have the Itty Bitty Hats book and there are so many sweet hats in there. And that'd be quick and satisfying. Then maybe another lace shawl. I have lots of great laceweight yarn now. I better get busy working it up!

It is so beautiful and springy today, so here's a couple pics from around the yard.


I love camelia blooming season!


Here is my tiny peach tree. It is about 2 feet tall, planted last winter. It's supposed to be a dwarf, but I'm hoping it'll get to be substantially bigger than it is!

And now I must get to work on a little wallpaper removal project. Ugh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty socks and spring pictures! So nice with all the gray weather that I am getting.

Hope all goes well with the wallpaper removal and you end up much happier with the redo!

Sarah said...

What size needles did you use for your Dublin Bay socks? I've been wanting to knit that pattern for a while but have been worried about gauge issues -- even going down to a size 0 needle, I only get about 9 stitches per inch (the pattern calls for 9.5 sts/inch using a size 1 needle).

Cecilia said...

I used size 1 needles (knitpicks 32" circular, magic loop), but I modified the pattern to be 64 stitches. You're right, they were going to be way to big at 72 stitches.

Elinor said...

Hey cecilia - I just discovered your blog! I love all of your socks!! They're so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your socks are absolutely beautiful, both of them - but especially the waterfall rib socks, what an amazingly great pattern this is! My gosh, I *so* need to get myself that book too, I keep seeing the most awesome patterns from it! Great work, congratulations!