Friday, March 23, 2007

Tidal Wave Sock

I found this pattern on the Southwest Trading Company webste, and decided to give it a try in my pink Tofutsies sock yarn. And ooh, boy am I loving it! I am using my size 0 Addi Turbos (magic loop). This is my first time using the addi's, and they are wonderful. I also find the magic loop to be easier with a 40" circular than with the 32" knitpicks circular. This yarn is fabulously soft and seems perfect for spring/summer weight socks.
On Friday mornings I go to the local elementary school to volunteer in a couple of classrooms. This is such a fun thing for me. This morning in the first grade class, we're doing paper mache. How fun is that?! Of course it might be messy too but I'm prepared for that.

Last weekend we completed our wallpaper stripping project in the office. Ugh, what a big job it turned out to be! That stuff was welll-adhered. The wall will now take a little repair work and then we can paint the whole room. Hurray!

Halfway there:

Finished! (Don't I look relieved?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty sock Cecelia!

Wow - huge, huge dewallpapering job!

Anonymous said...

That sock is really pretty - it reminds me of the Pomatomus pattern, but without so many yo's.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, yes, you do look relieved indeed - that must have been quite a task, but the result is absolutely cool! Great job!
And gosh, these socks! They're so lovely indeed - what a gorgeous pattern! Thanks so much for sharing the link, I will *so* try my hands at it soon! The yarn you're using for it seems to be the perfect one for this pattern, the colours are so soft and warm - fantastic!

Kristy said...

That sock is really pretty! I'll have to try that yarn (and that pattern!) sometime.