Saturday, April 28, 2007

Nerveracking

So, you know when you're knitting on a project and you start to seriously worry about running out of yarn? Well that was me in a big way earlier today. But all is well. I managed to bind off with tiny bit of yarn to spare.

Here's a closer look at all the leftover yarn:

And here's the shawl blocking:


Pattern: Leaf Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark, from Fibertrends
Yarn: Zephyr Wool/Silk laceweight in Ice Blue from Sarah's Yarns, just 2 ounces (630 yards) For the record, that's less than $6 for the yarn!
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 6
Size: I knit the smaller size. It blocked to about 70" x 35"
This is my second Leaf Lace Shawl and I do love the pattern. It's a great beginner lace pattern. The instructions are excellent, very clear and thorough. This one is a gift for a friend.
I'm looking forward to my next lace project. Still deciding which one. First I may do some quick and easy stuff - more baby hats, socks, etc. for that instant gratification.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous! I have a hank of laceweight and have never knit and lace. I may try that pattern!

Ella said...

It's funny you post that, Tiennie - as soon as I saw the blocked version I went and looked up the pattern too. It's beautiful... and such a great color. Cecilia - you should do promos!

:D

PS - I'm planning on updating my site soon... I'll add my email!