Thursday, May 10, 2007

Simple Stripey Socks

I finished my plain ol' 64 stitch striped stocks in Knitpicks Simple Stripes. Boring boring boring. But I have to say it was nice to have an easy peasy project to carry around with me. And they're really very comfy, and the colors are quite cheery. So no complaints.

And now I'm almost to the end of my sock yarn stash. I've got one pair's worth of J.Knits left and that big tangled mess of Shaeffer Anne (which I hate to even count at this point since who knows if I'll ever conquer the untangling trauma. But fortunately next week I'm heading to Monterey for a few days and there is a lovely yarn store in Pacific Grove where I will surely find some very nice sock yarn to take home as a souvenir.

And here's the start of my Kimono Shawl (from Folk Shawls):
I am LOVING this pattern. LOVE it. It's a 10 stitch repeat so it's easy to memorize and it seems to move along quickly. I'm a little concerned that it may come out bigger than intended, but I guess a lovely large shawl is not such a bad thing.

Happy Mothers Day to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stripey sock! I'm lovin' your shawl too. Can't wait for you to finish it.

Elinor said...

Great socks! it looks like they even match too! I have some j knits in stash that I"m itching to get to too. I really want to try it out! Good luck with that shaeffer anne. Maybe you should sit down with it and a movie. :-)