Monday, May 28, 2007

Mission Accomplished

The yard is thoroughly and completely wacked! What a relief! It was a hard-working weekend.
To reward ourselves today, we took ourselves on a hike we've been talking about doing for years. You see, this is the view from our house:
Isn't that pretty mountain? For as long as we've lived here we've said that we'd climb to the top of that mountain one of these days. So today, on a whim, before we could talk ourselves out of it, we hopped in the car, with the dogs and set out to hike to the top. And what a fabulous hike it was! It's about a 2,000 foot elevation gain (top of the mountain is 2,730 ft), in a pretty short distance (I would guess no more than 3 or 4 miles), so it was a fairly steep climb. From the top there were gorgeous views of all of Sonoma Valley. We couldn't spot our house from there, but I guess that's not so surprising. Here's the view back toward our house (which is somewhere along the top of that ridge):
A happy Jasmine. She loves to hike and her energy always amazes me.
So those are my major weekend accomplishments. Oh, and I finished one waving lace sock and got started on another. They're taking me forever, but I feel like I'm on a bit more of a roll now so hopefully this second sock will go more quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 2 amazing accomplishments! Good for you for getting out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is beautiful scenery, makes me want to go hiking right now!