Monday, May 07, 2007

Winding Down

I got in a yarn winding mood on Friday and really went crazy with it. My friend Katy brought me two huge skeins of this lovely lavender laceweight alpaca from Argentina, and two big skeins of laceweight wool too. So I went to work on all that beautiful Argentine yarn, along with some skeins of sock yarn. Thank goodness for the yarn swift and ball winder. I do love cranking that baby up and winding away. It is so satisfying to watch them both spin and the little yarn cake magically appearing on the ball winder.

So here's my successfully completed yarn cakes. Aren't they beautiful! The top two are J.Knits sock yarn in the Boston colorway, and everything else is from the Buenos Aires laceweight yarn collection. Look at all the lavender! Lordy that's going to make a lot of shawls. I immediately started a Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls in the lavender alpaca. It's wonderfully soft and pleasantly fuzzy.

My one failure of the day, and yes, it's a big one, is my Shaeffer Anne. For some reason it became hopelessly tangled on the yarn swift. I am so disappointed! It's going to take me the rest of my life to untangle this mess. I've been patiently working on it, little by little, but at times I am tempted to toss the whole thing. I bought it at Stitches West and it wasn't cheap, and I've been looking forward to trying this yarn so I think I will persist in my efforts to untangle. It is indeed trying my patience though. Just look at the mess!

2 comments:

Ella said...

Sweet merciful crap that's a lot of yarn! Beautiful, tidy, lovely colored, well-wound yarn! I must admit to a bit of winder envy... I have yet to purchase one and I drool over every one I see. Plus with those beautiful cakes, who could not drool?

*sigh*

PS - I still haven't updated my email on my blog - I haven't actually figured it out yet - so my email is loricrotser at gmail dot com. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh no! What a shame - such pretty pretty yarn!