Monday, June 18, 2007

Okay, maybe I AM a slacker

I'm having a little trouble lately keeping up with regular blog posts. I guess I just have too much other stuff going on right now, which I will talk about one of these days. But I have been knitting some. Making good progress on my Kimono Shawl. It seems huge to me already, but I've only done 15 out of 25 repeats, so I still have quite a ways to go. I still like the pattern quite a lot. It takes just the right amount of concentration for my tired brain (which is to say, not that much). I can knit on it while I watch tv, movies, etc. So it's perfect for me right now.


Also, I made this adorable pair of baby socks. Lordy those baby items just knit up so fast and are as adorable as can be. I think there will be many more of these socks in my knitting future. All that leftover sock yarn can amuse me by becoming tiny socks. Sweet!


And that's all I've got for now. And here's a request, if you're reading this and you know me in real life (truth is, hardly anyone who knows me in real life knows about or reads my blog, but if you do), leave me a comment so I know you're out there. If you don't know me in real life, feel free to leave me a comment too so I'll know you're out there as well.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi, Cecilia! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I decided to hop on over and take a peek over here. It's nice and cozy. I could see visiting here a few times a week. :) About the Yarn Harlot thing - don't worry. Last year, she apparently came to Los Altos (and how did I not know this?!) which is literally about two miles from my house. :( Oh well! I hope that you get to catch her another time - she is so friggin' hilarious in person!

I love your kimono shawl. It is just gorgeous!!! Your Waving Lace socks are awesome, too. You are really talented - I hope that you're enjoying these beautiful projects. I look forward to watching their progress.

Chelsea said...

Oh! And one more thing - I also just joined the Favorite Socks KAL today. Cool beans! :)

Opal said...

the kimono shawl is beautiful! btw, i found your blog through the links on MS3's site. :-)

Ella said...

I've been debating making that kimono shawl, but after seeing yours it's definitely on the to-do list. Lately I've been doing nothing but stockinette and I think my brain is in danger of melting completely. So the Kimono shawl would be perfect! Those baby socks are adorable too... so perfect for leftover yarn!

:D

Anonymous said...

Your kimono shawl is looking beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Hiya C!

I'm here, lurking, checking in like you asked us to. In fact, I check in with your site here every so often just to see what you've been up to, knitting-wise. I LOVE what you did with the Argentine yarn! :) So happy about that. Can't wait to see the piece in person (maybe I'll get the chance on Friday, right?).

See you soon.