Saturday, June 30, 2007

Productivity

I was sort of house-bound for a few days this week, so I had a fair amount of knitting time. I made another Vine Lace Baby Hat - a very sweet little project from Knitting Daily. This is the second one I've made, and I enjoy it. I'll probably make one or two more. I used the recommended yarn (Cool Wool) in a minty green color. I also began a "Go With the Flow" sock from Favorite Socks. It's a nice, easy stitch pattern, 6 stitches in a 4 row repeat. Super easy to memorize, and I'm liking how cushy and stretchy they're coming out.

I also got started on my Mystery Stole. I think this is going to be a beautiful pattern. Melanie is a brilliant lace designer and I'm confident that this design will be gorgeous. So far I'm liking it quite well. It's my first experience in knitting with beads, and I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot. It's not nearly as difficult as I had imagined, and I think I will be very pleased with the result. (The beads are tiny and mostly clear, so you can't really see them in this picture, but I think they will add a nice sparkle once the shawl is done.)
And, today, to celebrate my return to the greater world, Pete and I took the ferry to San Francisco. I've lived in Sonoma County for 10 years, and this is the first time I've taken the ferry to the city. It was great fun! The trip is beautiful, and on Saturdays there is a wonderful, huge, farmers market at the ferry building, so we had a great time wandering around, eating, and shopping for produce.
Hurray for Saturdays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great projects! I love San Francisco! Glad you a fun time!

Elinor said...

Wonderful lace!!! I adore that cute little baby hat! If only my baby would wear hats...

Your trip into SF sounds like so much fun!!!