Friday, June 08, 2007

Waving Lace Socks

I FINALLY finished my waving lace socks. I don't know why these took me so long, but I'm very pleased with the result. Actually I'm going to go ahead and acknowledge that these socks would work better in a solid colored yarn, but I do love this J. Knits sock yarn so I'm happy with my socks. And I ordered a bunch of Knitpicks Essential sock yarn in a variety of solid colors so I can make some other socks from this book.

Pattern: Waving Lace Socks from Favorite Socks
Yarn: J.Knits in Boston colorway
Needles: Knitpicks Circular, size 1, magic loop
Modifications: I used an eye of the partridge heel.

And, I just got word that another Mystery Stole knitalong is beginning soon. I've never done one of these knitalongs, but I think Melanie designs beautiful lace, so I signed up. And, as luck would have it, I happen to have the right amount (1200 yards) of the same yarn as she will be using (Zephyr Wool-Silk Laceweight in Vanilla) in my stash. How handy is that?! I don't have a big stash, so this is actually fairly miraculous. Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting that, but I better get some work done on my Kimono Shawl before I get distracted by this new project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your socks!!! I'm a blue person.