Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Vine Lace Baby Hat

I finally have a finished object!


It is the Vine Lace Baby Hat, from a recent issue of Knitting Daily. It was a fast knit, and the yarn is lovely. It is the project recommended yarn, Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000, in color #471. This one is for my friend Katy, who asked me to make it for a friend of hers with a new baby. I bought a ball of the same yarn for myself, in color #494, a paler green. Each ball will make 2 hats. I will definitely make at least one more of these. I also bought some yarn to make the Pea Pod Baby Set. Cute cute cute. Those baby knits are so quick and satisfying.

I had a great time this weekend hanging out with my friend Katy, who is a new knitter. We visited a lovely yarn store, Marin Fiber Arts, where we bought the above-mentioned yarn, and another yarn store, where Katy bought some super bulky yarn to make a feather and fan baby blanket.



Here's a lovely buckeye tree engulfing a big ol' oak at a state park that we visited over the weekend. So much beauty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a very cute hat! Love that bright color and pattern.