Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am addicted to Ravelry

I can't help myself. I spend hours looking at other people's projects, other people's queues, and searching out interesting patterns. I have plenty of projects in my own queue, but I can't help myself. Yesterday I discovered the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I don't know why I didn't pay attention when I saw it on Brooklyn Tweed's site, but when I look at all the beautiful versions of it in Ravelry I am in awe. Must knit one. Today, I somehow got caught up in looking for toys to knit. There are zillions in Ravelry. I added a few to my queue. Yesterday I decided I should try to knit a hat for my brother's birthday (October 30th). So I searched around for a suitable pattern and came across, the Cap Karma Hat. Again, Brooklyn Tweed's version is fantastic. If you have not signed up for Ravelry yet, please get yourself on the waiting list. Trust me, you will not regret it. It is really fuelling my knitting passion.

Also, my other newest love...Audible.com. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get into Audiobooks, but last month I signed up for an Audible.com membership and downloaded my first book, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, who also wrote the Kite Runner. I am enjoying it so much. It's a beautifully told story, and the narration is perfect. The deal that I signed up for includes one free book per month. I'm thinking of downloading the Friday Night Knitting Club next, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone wants to leave me one in the comments.

I knit up a ballband discloth. Seems like everyone was making these for a while there. I don't have Mason Dixon Knitting, but I found the pattern online for free here. I may make a few more of these for stocking stuffers. They're quick and mindless - perfect tv knitting.
Ballband Dishcloth

I received the yarn that I ordered at the TKGA Knit & Crochet Show. It is soooo beautiful. Interlacements Rick Rack II. Now I'm excited about starting a shawl in it.
Interlacements Rick Rack II

Here's a couple pics of my cute hubby modeling the sunflower tam.
Sunflower Tam

Sunflower Tam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Ravelry too! Great hat and model!