Friday, October 19, 2007

Third time's the charm

I finished my third Wool Peddler's Shawl. The first one was for Pete's mom, then one for my mom, and this one is for Pete's aunt, who loved his mom's so much she wanted a matching one. Fortunately it's an easy and very comforting shawl to knit. The yarn is soft and squishy, the garter stitch is soothing. And the result is warm and lovely. So I'm pleased. It's still blocking, but here's a preview shot:
Nancy's Woold Peddler's Shawl

Pattern: Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure, Lilac - 6.5 balls
Needles: Knitpicks Options US 7
Finished Size: 72" x 36"

I'm now excited to start something new. I'm thinking about trying this Sunflower Tam from Knitting Nature, or some other fun hat project. Woohoo!

1 comment:

JavaNut said...

Beautiful shawl - I may have to add to my queue! (saw it on the Holiday KALCAl)