Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunflower Tam

I knit up a quick Sunflower Tam, from Knitting Nature. What a fun, quick and easy project. It took just two days, and I loved watching the design develop.

Sunflower Tam

Pattern: Sunflower Tam from Knitting Nature, by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Moda Dea Washable Wool - free (in a gift bag) from the TKGA knit & crochet show in Oakland. It is a lovely yarn.
Needles: US 8 for the ribbing, US 9 for the rest
Modifications: I cast on 96 stitches for the ribbing, but in retrospect, 90 would have been plenty.

If I can find someone who will actually wear this, I'd love to knit it again. I received Knitting Nature as a gift last Christmas and I love looking at the pictures, but this is the first project I've knit from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I'm going to have to dig out my copy of the book!

Sue said...

I agree with Tiennie, I will have to take another look at my book too. So far no patterns have been knit from it.