Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mystery Solved

I completed my Mystery Stole 3 (aka, Swan Lake), and I'm quite pleased with the results. Not perfect, but still, quite beautiful, and plenty big. I was concerned that the stole wouldn't be big enough, since I was making the symmetrical version by knitting two halves (without the alternate center panel) and grafting them together. I may have slightly overcompensated for this concern by blocking aggressively. The stole came out to a lovely 89" x 21", which I will admit, is a little long. But I love it. I love the sparkly little beads and the delicate ivory lace.
Mystery Stole 3


Yarn: Zephyr Wool/Silk laceweight, ivory, about 950 yards
Beads: 8/0 clear ab
Needles: US5 (Knitpicks Options)
Started: June, 2007
Completed: October, 2007
Finished Size: 89" x 21" blocked
Modifications: I knit the symmetrical version, by knitting to row 287, twice, then grafting the two sides together.

Comments: I really struggled with this project, mostly because I was not fond of the wing in the original design, so I set it aside for some time. But when I ultimately decided to complete the symmetrical version, it really moved quickly. I knit the second half in just over a week. And I think the end result is just beautiful.


Mystery Stole 3 blocking

I also got started on a Wool Peddler's Shawl for Pete's Aunt. It is such a comforting, easy knit after all that lace. It's all garter stitch at this point, and the yarn (Knit Picks Andean Treasure) is luscious soft.
Wool Peddler's Shawl
I have finally figured out how to add photos from flickr to my blog! I really struggled with this for quite some time, but I think I've finally got it worked out.

Here's a picture from our drive to the coast yesterday. Gorgeous!
We're going away for a couple days to a beautiful cabin in the woods south of Lake Tahoe. I'm hoping to get a lot of knitting done while there. And also a lot of hiking. And relaxing.

2 comments:

Ella said...

It's beautiful. I love that you got your mojo back on it... it turned out just wonderfully!

Have fun in Tahoe!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! Have a great time!