Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our mountain getaway

I'm back from my little mountain paradise getaway. We spent 3 days at Sorensen's, a sweet little cabin resort 20 miles south of Lake Tahoe. This place is so awesome, surrounded by beauty and quiet and thousands of miles of spectacular hiking trails. When we arrived, the fall colors were in full display. The aspens were just gorgeous. And when we woke up on Wednesday morning, it was snowing! The world became a winter wonderland. So beautiful. We did some really great hikes. The dogs had a blast, and the whole thing was super romantic and relaxing.

Wagon Wheel Cabin
Our cabin at Sorensen's.

Fall colors with a touch of snow
Fall colors in Hope Valley.

Canada or Mexico?
We opted to head toward Mexico... but we never did find the lake we were looking for.

Bear Tracks
Fresh bear tracks!

I did accomplish some knitting. I made good progress on my Wool Peddler's shawl for Aunt Nancy. I think I can complete it in the next couple days.

I ordered (and received) a copy of One-Skein Wonders from Amazon. I was hoping to find some good, relatively quick Christmas gift ideas, and other ideas to use up random balls of yarn. I don't know yet though. So far I'm not extremely inspired. Anybody have any favorites they've knit from this book? I'm in the mood for some quick projects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty place to stay! Yay for a getaway!

Ella said...

Oooo - that's so nice! How great to get away. I love the mexico/canada sign... funny! And that picture of you two in hope valley - very very nice!

Anonymous said...

That looks like the perfect place for a romantic get away. I love the pictures! Bear tracks??? YIKES!!!! :)