Saturday, February 03, 2007

Samus Done!

I finished my Samus cardigan! Still needs a zipper, though I like it as it is for now. It's a little bit big for me, but I think I will still wear it. This sweater was a great learning experience for me. It was my first real cable project, and it turns out I really enjoy the cable work. The stockinette took patience for me, but I'm really happy with the result. I did add a little bit of waste shaping.

Here's some pics:



Pattern: Samus Cardigan from Knitty.com, Size M
Yarn: Knitpicks Wools of the Andes - Grass (14 balls I think)
Needles: Knitpicks Options, size US8
Started Jan 1, 2007. Completed Feb. 2, 2007.

2 comments:

Irie said...

Wow I LOVE IT! Very nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's beautiful! I think I like your green better than the orange I used.

I agree that the stockinette part seemed interminable . . . and out of curiosity, did you have trouble getting the sleeves to match the armholes when you were seaming them in?