Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yarn Overload

Guess where I was yesterday? Stitches West! Yep, my friend Katy, a new knitter, agreed to accompany me to Santa Clara for some overwhelming yarn exposure. We did not take any classes, just attended the market and wandered around, a little bit dazed, admiring all the beautiful yarn, books, tools, garments, etc.

I am not a good shopper by nature, and I am overwhelmed when confronted with loads of merchandise and crowds of people, but I did manage to pick up a few items.



An Addi Turbo 40" size 0 for some magic loop socks. I've never tried Addi's, but since everyone raves, and I'd like a longer sock needle than knitpicks makes, I figured it's time to give it at try. Also some Tofutsies sock yarn and some Shaeffer Anne. I am really on a sock kick now and am looking forward to trying these new yarns. I really don't have much of a sock yarn stash at this point - just 2 or 3 skeins before this purchase, so I've got no guilt about my acquisitions. I wish I could go back for another day of Stitches, but I'm a little sickly again and I don't have the energy for another day of it. But next year I'll definitely plan on attending again.

Here's the latest sock I'm working on:

It's the waterfall rib from Sensational Knitted Socks in Trekking XXL color #110. I'm loving it. I was reluctant to knit a pattern from my Trekking socks because I thought all the lovely colors would get lost in it, but I cannot stand to do another stockinette sock right now, so I gave this a try, and I am loving it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by the Bella booth! I just got your scavenger hunt entry and I had to check out your blog, of course -- have fun with your sock knitting!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's some goodie yarn that you got for yourself, very beautiful! I'm like you, getting quite overwhelmed with so many people around and things to choose from - I'm afraid I'd have spent a fortune at Stitches West!
Your sock is coming along so beautifully, I love the colourline you're using as well as the waterfall rib pattern!