Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Don't believe in yourself too much."

I swear to god, that is today's message on my uplifting page-a-day calendar. I bought this calendar at Barnes & Noble one day because I was feeling blue and I thought I could use some daily pearls of wisdom about ways to improve my life, my outlook, etc. And, since it was the second week of January or so when I was shopping for this ray of sunshine, the selection of calendars was a little on the sparse side. And I have to say, I'm not too terribly impressed with this one so far. But it does kinda crack me up. (And no, it's not meant to be funny.) I find these page-a-day things unreasonably entertaining, though I wish I had a different one now (maybe the stitch&bitch one). But you face the day with the calendar you have, not the calendar you wish you had.

I'm working on my list of 100 things about me, and I'm stuck at 70. Does that make me boring, or what? I will continue to ponder it and post it when I come up with 30 more moderately interesting things about me. It doesn't seem like it should be this much of a challenge.

It is another gorgeous day here in California. I suppose it's unfortunate that we've had so little rain, what with the water shortage and everything, but lordy I do love the sunshine. And after last year's deluge it kinda feels like we've earned ourselves a nice sunny winter.

No comments: