Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Roundup

I had a super relaxing weekend, hanging out with family. Went to hear some music at an Irish pub, took a little road trip to Hopland, and even went to church. I think this was our first return to church in over a year. For a variety of reasons we had been taking a break from it. The service was excellent. There was a really great guest minister, Chris Michaels, from Kansas City. What a great speaker. He also has a book, which I'm thinking I should read.

So last night we watched Jesus Camp, a documentary about evangelical Christian children learning to be soldiers in God's army. Fascinating. I found it pretty troubling, but I'm sure others will have a very different take on the movie. It was a very well done film though, and I highly recommend it.

As for knitting... I finished the body and sleves of the Samus cardigan. The pieces are blocking now. So tonight I can sew it all together and then begin the icord edging. The thing is, I've never really learned to sew my knitting well, so I better do some studying up on that today before I begin.

No comments: