Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Starting the Body

It took me 2 hours last night to pick up the 192 stitches I need to start on the body portion of Samus. Yikes! But I did it, and I knit a couple rows. I decided to add waist shaping, as seen here. I was a little worried the sweater might turn out to be too big and blobby, but I think the waist shaping will solve that problem nicely. Plus, it's a good thing for me to learn. Last night I received Sensational Knitted Socks and my size 1 Knitpicks circular needle. Now I am ready to start learning the magic loop method of sock knitting. Sensational Knitted Socks has some really excellent instruction in various sock knitting techniques and a nice selection of different stitches. It's really a great resource for learning to construct socks, and gives the tools to design your own. I'm looking forward to exploring it further. I really need to make that other Monkey sock too. I can't decide whether to rip back to before the heel and make the heel flap bigger, or just complete the other sock and find a suitable owner for them. I think if I let them sit for a while it will be easier for me to rip them back.

No comments: