Friday, January 05, 2007

Two Projects Progressing...

I'm making good progress on my Monkey socks.

I am loving this pattern. It is fun to work, looks very cool, and knits up quickly. Only thing is, I'm afraid they're going to be too small for me. I used size 1 needles, instead of the 2's called for in the pattern, and Knitpicks Essential sock yarn in tan. So, I may end up giving these to someone with smaller feet than me. But I will definitely make this pattern again, probably using some of the J-Knits sock yarn I won in Wendy's Heifer International Prize Drawing.


My other project, which is progressing much more slowly, is the Samus cardigan, also from Knitty. I'm working on the Saxon braid that runs along the bottom, and it is taking me forever, mostly because I'm new to cabling, and just last night learned to cable without a cable needle, thanks to Wendy's excellent instructions. Still, I'm really enjoying working on it. Here's my progress so far:

I'm home today, but feeling kinda sickly. I'm going to try to get in to see the doc to make sure I don't have strep throat, but otherwise plan to hang around close to home all day, and hopefully accomplish some knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognized that right away. My Samus is here:
http://pjbknit.typepad.com/pjbknit/2006/03/samus_photo_ses.html
I just got the zipper in last week.