Monday, January 15, 2007

Tedium

I tell ya, this stockinette knitting can be a bit tedious. I'm making prety good progress though, considering how distracted I get when faced with another row of plain old stockinette. I've got the whole lower body and right side front done, and am moving on to the upper back. Then left front and sleeves. I'm looking forward to returning to some cable work for the sleeve cuffs. And when I have finished this sweater, I will return to some lace knitting, which will make my heart happy. I do love my lace.

Actually, despite all my whining, I really am liking this sweater. I am so excited by the cabley thing at the bottom and I love the over the top green color. It has got a lovely Irish look about it (which is just so me). Strangely, I have almost no green in my wardrobe at the moment, so this will be a great addition. I can hardly wait to finish it up and wear it.

It is a gorgeous day outside, not quite so freezing cold as its been. I'm hoping to get out for a hike in the great outdoors at some point today. Yay sunshine! In January even!

No comments: